Great Northern Rd# 138796
Built in 1968, these plug-door 50’ boxcars with Roller Bearing trucks had a 5,266 cubic foot capacity and were used for special equipment, such as in food service. They featured Car Pac loaders and cushioned underframes. Great Northern was a Class 1 railroad founded in 1881 and eventually was merged with Northern Pacific and others to form Burlington Northern Railroad in 1970.
pre-ordered August 2022